Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Paul Doran - Urban Abstract Painter


         When I saw his work on our facebook page for the first time, one big question comes to my mind. I do not know how to transform it into words. However, a combination of lines and colors that he uses is really unique and harmonious. I just wonder about the purpose of the style he has. And finally I had the opportunity to know more about this artist, not only about himself but also about the style that he brought into the world of art. Here he is....

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name             : Paul Doran
City/Country   : Belfast / studying in Liverpool
Email              : paul-doran@hotmail.com
Facebook       : Paul Doran - Fine Artist
Bio                 : 



 
I am an articulate, presentable and highly motivated graduate of Fine Art.  Now studying a Masters in Creative Practice. I am 24 years old From Belfast in Northern Ireland, moved to Liverpool to study In Liverpool Hope University in 2008. I recently won the Wynn Vivian Purchase Prize 2011 Liverpool.  Interested in architecture and abstract expressionism. Having  found my own personalised form of urbanised abstract painting, I am currently exploring with my Masters. 

Interview with Paul Doran...
-       How long have you been an artist?
     Been an artist all my life however in the past 3 years I have taken it seriously.

-       Is being an artist a full-time career for you?
     Yes, it certainly is. 

-   Tell me about your work? What are you currently working on?
     I am studying a masters so my work is focused around the topic of control and spontaneity. I am exploring and investigating different styles on paper and sketchbooks, prints however I am constantly working on urban landscapes. 


-       What was your inspiration?
The world inspires me because there is so much out there... it is a feast for the eyes! Art, people, music.... violence.

-       What do you hope your audience takes away from your art? What statement do you hope to make?
     I hope my audience have true interest in what they see. With strong inspiration and I hope it's something new to them. 

-       What was the best advice given to you as an artist? 
Personality means alot in the art world so be yourself because u have it son.”

-   Tell me about your work space and your creative process.
    I have an art studio in Liverpool city centre. I am researching the relationship between control and spontaneity in abstract art. Therefore I am using a lot of control, however I am open to spontaneus gestures and directions, also using masking tape to create stright lines.



-       What has been the biggest challenge for you?
Organising an arts event called one night only in may with a Dj, buffee, bar and artworks for sale.

-       Where do you go online for good art resources, whether to find a new artist, or to see what is going on in the art world locally and otherwise?
Art in liverpool, websites like yourself, google, other artists websites, facebook.

-       Do you have any exhibits to promote?
18th May ....One Night Only... arts party at The Blackler’ s function Room, DJ, Buffee, Bar and artwork from four professional artists.


*If you are interested in his work, and would like to see more, please visit Paul Doran - Fine Artist on facebook!


Fiman Prayudi Utama for votreart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment